Toby Fitch's Bloomin’ Notions - Free Shipping

Once again I have been convinced to buy through listening to someone talk about their poetry.

I was listening to Ep 51 of Poetry Says featuring Toby Fitch on his work The Bloomin' Notions of Other & Beau, and it struck me that what I don't seem to read much of, particularly in Australian poetry, is poetry that is playful. I don't mean doggerel or light verse but works that have a sense of fun or lightness in their tone.

In might be just my reading, but I feel as if push came to shove I'd have to describe much Australian contemporary poetry as serious, concerned with serious and weighty subjects.

I think I feel this restriction (self imposed probably) on myself. I do appreciate fellow poets (and their publishers) like PS Cottier, and Jenny Blackford who can approach some work with a tongue firmly and articulately in cheek.

So it was great to hear Fitch's entire collection was a playful yet articulate "hijacking and re-versing" or Arthur Rimbaud's Les Illuminations.  

It didn't take much for me to drop $40 on Bloomin' Notions and Jerilderies. I hope that in reading Fitch's work I might find a way to allow myself to loosen up and be playful and if not, at least I'll be entertained.

I suggest that you listen to Poetry Says Ep 51, as Toby and Alice cover a lot more than I have alluded to and if you haven't already picked up his work, there's a Free Shipping code (see below) from Booktopia.

If you have his work, this code is applicable to any poetry, books, stationary etc. So knock yourself out.

But seriously, buy poetry.




The Free Shipping promotion code is: BLISS
Place an order and spend a minimum of $17 before MidnightWednesday the 9th of August (AEST and NZST) with the promotion code BLISS, and you will receive free shipping on your order. The promotion code can be used as many times as you, or your family and friends, want on any orders between now and then.

The promotion code field where you enter the word BLISS is on the last page of the checkout just before you complete your order (Payment and Review). Under Order Summary, click the plus symbol to expand the section so you can enter the code.

Please note: You may need to click the word "Apply" next to the promotion code field to receive your free shipping discount if it has not automatically applied it.

This offer is only available to Australian and New Zealand shipping addresses. If you are overseas and want to ship to an Australian or New Zealand address then you can use this promotional code too.

It is not applicable for Australia Post Express Post, eBooks, gift certificates OR magazines. The discount code applies only to the shipping cost of standard delivery to Australia or New Zealand and not to the overall order.

Comments

  1. It's hard to be articulate with your tongue in your cheek, Sean, but thanks! I buy most poetry at readings by the poets themselves, but they happen quite a bit in the throbbing metropolis that is Canberra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About 99% of my poetry readings are digital ( le sigh). :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts