Post-it Note Poetry – Open floodgates

 

shot_1392769009717 Ok so 3 days of work and tiredness means no poetry.  But in a double maths class where the students happily worked in absolute silence  I had time to pen some haiku.  There’s a couple I am happy with, some that could use work.  But this is Post-it Note poetry and the agonising over wordage should be minimal.  I give you:

 

 

 

 

late summer
taste of morning rain
on my tongue


 


butterflies
churn my stomach
new class

 



aircon
rattles in silence
students work

 


now this one I thought could make a good start to a sequence covering the day of a relief teacher

 


distant bell
this ronin wakes to a new
master

 


and a reworking of an earlier attempt and another reworking after the photo

 

 

in flight wagtails
dive and dog the raven
spitfires

 

 


and one purely made up but that just seemed to flow from the pen


rain clouds
in young man's eyes
storm brewing.

Comments

Most Popular Posts